Choosing a family

Today I was given 4 profiles to look at of families waiting to adopt. I have been patiently waiting for this day, its what every birth mom looks forward to. I want you to have a better life than I could give you, you deserve it. I want you to have a mommy and daddy who you can count on to tuck you in every night. I want you to wake up in the same bed every day, knowing you are safe. I want you to have endless opportunities all throughout your life. I want you to be able to travel the world. 
I know choosing to place my baby was a big decision, but choosing your parents was going to be the biggest decision of my life, trusting complete strangers to raise you.

I read each profile from front to back. Each one of them very different from the others. There was one profile that I couldn't stop looking at, Elizabeth, Andy, and Henry
The profile I couldn't stop looking at.

The things I specifically listed that I want your family to have, they have them all. The love they have for each other, I know they will love you the same. They are super close to their extended family, they have many pictures of them spending the holidays together. They have a beautiful home. Also, they already know what open adoption consists of, their son Henry is adopted to. The smile on Henry's face in all of his pictures, puts a smile on mine. I know they are it, the family I have been praying for. 
I sent Patti a text and told her all about them. She said the next step is a conference call and suggests that i write down any questions I might have for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three years later

This is real life

5 month update