Grief

I'm struggling, I won't deny it.
The words to describe how I feel... 
I feel a bit lost, not sure where I go from here.
My heart hurts, even though I know Elizabeth and Andy can give you a better life than I can, that might be what hurts.
My need to parent is being met, I have two other children. 
It is very difficult to grieve a person who is still very much alive. 
They say out of sight, out of mind... but I can't stop wondering.

Grief will be a part of my life, forever, since placement.
At times it's overwhelming.
Other times it's a dull ache, consistant in the back of my mind.
Grief for the loss of my child.
Grief for what could have been.
Grief for the memories I'm missing out on.
I know it, I feel it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three years later

This is real life

5 month update