Taking care of myself...

Since saying bye to Georgie and the adoptive family, I feel like I have lost a piece of me. I'm unsure of the words to describe it. Well I have been holding them in. I moved into a new apartment on June 10, I had been waiting for the day. I had many memories at my old place, I needed a change. My boyfriend Cassidy and my dad were able to move all our stuff in a few loads. I had spent some time packing up my old place and going thru stuff, and after moving the first load, I began to notice I was hurting, physically. I thought it was from moving. I hadn't been that active in a long while. Well it got bad, high fevers, extreme body aches, couldn't lift or move my right lower leg, and vomiting. I gave it a few days, hoping for improvement. Well I called an urgent care near me to see if they took my insurance and found out I had no health insurance. Something clicked inside me and I knew I needed medical attention, i felt horrible. I assumed it was a kidney infection, and it sure was. My potassium, magnesium, and sodium was very low. I had every test done you can imagine. MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, chest x-ray, EKG, and pelvic exam. Oh and blood drawn every 12 hours, which I hate needles. I am a complete baby when it comes to all that stuff. It was scary knowing I was that sick. The long term effects having low metabolites in the body, including damage to the heart.
I try to be the best mother I can to Alex and Natalie. While making sure I am doing my very best, I forget to take care of myself. If I want to be around to raise them, I need to take care of myself and make sure I am in good health. Well as usual... Life happens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 month update

This is real life

Three years later