The day we finally met

I got a little rest before Patti let me know Elizabeth and Andy were on their way to the hospital. I was so nervous, I was pacing in the hospital room. I was so worried that they would change their mind on going thru with the adoption. I asked Patti if that ever happens and she said its always a possibility but for me not to worry. They didn’t know anything other than you were born. 
A few minutes later Elizabeth came in the room, giving both Patti and I hugs. She let us know Andy and Henry were in the waiting room. Then Patti let her know that Georgie had to be medically transported to a different hospital and why. My heart broke seeing the excitement on her face disappear. She said she needed to talk to Andy before making any decisions. We went out to the waiting room where Andy was sitting. Little Henry was asleep in the stroller. We then took a quick walk around the hospital while Patti gave them all the information she had about Georgie and gave them directions to the hospital. Their plan was to take their stuff to where they were staying cause they came to the hospital strait from the airport, then go see you. All the nights I would be trying to go to sleep, I would imagine how this day would go... It was nothing like I thought. Patti let them know she would take me up to Primary Children's to see Georgie after I was discharged so she would be getting in touch with them soon. 
Bonnie called as we were walking back to the room asking if she could come by for a minute. She is the therapist from the agency, and the one I will sign the reliquishment papers with in the morning. The law in Utah is you have to wait 24 hours after delivery to sign them, and once you sign them there is no changing your mind. Other states allow anywhere from 3-30 days to change your mind, I couldn't imagine having time to change your mind. We decided they would come back at 8:30 am to do the paperwork. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three years later

This is real life

5 month update