Welcome Georgina Anne

Oh what a night, Thank goodness for sugar free Jello cause that was all I got to eat. I was super ornery and i was trying to move from one side to the other but couldnt cause my legs were numb. It was about 5:30 am on March 31, 2019, I felt the need to go to the bathroom so I paged the nurse to help me. She got it set up, but nothing came out. It was almost shift change and I didn't want to still be pregnant when she came back into work today. The sweet nurse did a cervix check, and thank goodness I was at a 10. This was it, the moment I had been imagining in my head the last 9 months. The nurse had to page the doctor that was on call to let him know it was time. Shelley called Patti to let her know. She lives close to the hospital so she made it just in time. At my last ultrasound it was estimated you weighed 8 lbs 15oz, so we knew you were going to be a healthy size.
I have two kids, both were 5 lbs at birth so I had no idea what was about to happen.
I began to push with each contraction, then taking a break to breathe. Once your head was out I had to push even harder to get your shoulders out. I didnt think I was going to be able to, the doctor wasnt sure either. It took some intense pushing for your shoulders to come out. He let me try a few more times, each getting more intense, and finally you were out.
You were born at 6:11 am. You were 9 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. I looked at Patti, and said, “I did it!” then I started bawling. The nurses were doing their newborn check, and I asked why you weren’t crying? I didn’t get an answer so I asked if you were okay? I could tell by the concerned look not only on Patti's face but the doctor who delivered looked worried to. That’s when one of nurses brought you closer to me and told me to hurry and kiss your forehead, they had to take you to the NICU for oxygen cause you were turning blue. I was glad Shelley and Patti were there for support, I really needed it. Shelley went home to rest, and Patti helped the nurse move me to a room that was more comfortable, hoping I could get some rest. Patti went and got me some breakfast while we waited to hear from the nursery. I cried to Patti, I wanted to give Elizabeth and Andy a healthy baby. I actually took care of myself during this pregnancy, so I didn’t understand why this was happening. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three years later

This is real life

5 month update